Thursday, November 1, 2012

Experiencing Group!

For our most recent class project, we were to choose a topic that correlates to the 21st century. The other classmates in my group were Hope, Mara, and Andrea. My group decided to focus on the importance of recess in 21st century classrooms. We decided to break up our project into sections for each of us to work on. They were the benefits children receive from recess which we split into Physical, Social/Emotional, and Behavioral benefits. We also included why recess has been starting to be taken away. We found that there are so many benefits children can gain and that it is really necessary for children to have this time to release energy and gain their focus back.

I am passionate about this topic because I feel children receive so many benefits from recess. This project was interesting to do as well because we created a Prezi to go along with our paper. I felt very proud of the end project and it is actually displayed on the post below! It was a bit more interesting than a typical powerpoint I feel because it moved around, not just went to the next slide. I feel I could utilize this in my classroom, and it would hopefully gain students' attention better because it isn't like a typical Powerpoint. I could also use this in the classroom as a way for students to present projects if they are old enough to do so because it will help them become more technologically inclined!

Check out our Prezi!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that recess is VERY important. I loved your presentation and your post!

    ReplyDelete